Christian Feminism Today
About the Project
Christian Feminism Today is the primary outreach vehicle of the Evangelical and Ecumenical Women's Caucus. This is a robust CMS WordPress website with over 400 pages and many different features and sections.
The basic site framework was constructed by a programmer and then I was hired to move their existing HTML website into the new framework.
I currently am under contract with EEWC to provide services as their Web Developer (Letha Dawson Scanzoni, well known Christian feminist author and scholar, serves as the Website Content Manager). As Web Developer my responsibilities include graphic design, audio engineering of podcasts, page and post type creation, social media integration, technical website support, and functional oversight.
The website allows for extensive user interaction. Every blog post, review and article allows moderated comments. There are multiple RSS feed options optimized for ease of use via Feedburner. Complete PayPal integration allows for donations and memberships to be made online.
Christian Feminism Today's website features are too extensive to list here but they include:
- Integrated CafePress Gear store. I create new gear with some frequency. The organization receives a profit from each item sold.
- Amazon Associate account integration. This allows users to purchase reviewed books, music or movies from Amazon.com right from the review pages. The organization receives a commission on all items purchased through the links to Amazon.
- Extensive PayPal integration allowing for users to sign up for memberships, register for events, and make pledges or donations all online.
- The site is completely optimized for search engines. Searching for hundreds of Christian feminist books, theories, keywords and personalities yields Christian Feminism Today results on the first page.
- Visitors can participate in site discussions by commenting on almost every article, review, or blog post.
- Several different RSS feeds are available and subscription is handled via the Feedburner interface to create an easy subscription path.
- Google website search functionality, complete site index in different formats.
- Stats reporting through Google Analytics.
- CircleWebWorks tech support, ensuring that questions are answered promptly, and the site is constantly updated and monitored for functional efficiency.
In addition to website specific duties I also perform the following duties as a part of my Website Developer position with EEWC:
- Constant Contact email design, creation and management.
- Google Group administration.
- Facebook and Twitter integration and administration.
- Membership tech support (members can contact me directly for help with tech or web issues).
- iTunes podcast creation and channel administration.