Rubber Products Distributors
About this Project
Rubber Products Distributors is a national distirbutor of thousands of rubber and plastic parts. They came to me wanting to redesign their existing website. The site was 14 years old, and was based on outdated technology, but featured a very unique custom parts search interface which they wanted to retain in the new website design.
Besides the outdated technology and look of the site, the biggest problem with their existing website was that the parts listed on the site were only able to be edited by someone with programming experience. Updating part specifications, adding and deleting parts was costly and cumbersome.
They were not interested in a flashy design, instead they were looking for a very user friendly design, with function being paramount.
RPD came to me with several goals for their site redesign.
- update the look and feel of the site
- bring the website technology up to current standards
- update all product images and spec sheet print outs
- maintain the unique search interface
- optimize the site for search engines
- create a backend interface in which they would be able to add, delete and update parts themselves.
I created a new site based on the WordPress CMS framework. The custom search interface was recreated utilizing current programming standards. What emerged is a one of a kind CMS website with excellent and intuitive functioning. The new website will not only be useful for their website vistors, but will also be used by their in-house sales staff.
Rubber Products Distributors Website Features
- Unique custom programmed product search function.
- Product information and specifications updatable by RPD personell.
- Hundreds of standard pages with SEO optimized product information and printable spec sheets.
- Simple and intuitive user interface design.
- Search engine optimization.
- Stats reporting through Google Analytics.
- CircleWebWorks tech support, ensuring that questions are answered promptly, and the site is constantly updated and monitored for functional efficiency.