The Rose-Dore Salon
About the Project
The Rose-Dore Salon is located in Indianapolis. They wanted to create a website to advertise their business and draw in new customers.
I always feel it is necessary to understand the essence of the person or business for whom I am creating a site. With the Rose-Dore I was immediately struck by their friendly, home-like atmosphere. There are lots of windows looking out over trees and garden spaces, even through they are on a busy street. This differed from some salon's I've visited, where the atmosphere is quite less welcoming.
I worked with a Brown County artist to create the main graphic for the site, and then used this on the website and on several marketing materials I created for the salon (see these on the graphic design page of the site). The text is welcoming and friendly, emphasizing the sense of community I found there, while still using important key search phrases. I photographed staff members for the website bios.
Since there are so many salons on the web, and many that are well optimized, I recommended that Rose-Dore utilize an ongoing Google AdWord campaign to get their site in front of the public.
There was not staff available to do constant updates, so we decided on a standard HTML website, with the possibility of adding a blog section later.
Rose-Dore Salon website features:
- Search engine optimization.
- Design of a Constant Contact email template.
- Photography of staff members for inclusion on the site.
- A standard, attractive design for all main website pages.
- Creation of complementary marketing materials (letterhead, gift certificates and business/appointment cards for staff).
- CircleWebWorks tech support, ensuring that questions are answered promptly, and the site is constantly updated and monitored for functional efficiency.